Mini lop bunnies 4 sale?

Does anyone know of a place around here that has mini lop bunnies for sale?

www.petfinder.org

Someone
Mar '13

Common Sense for animals has several bunnies for adoption. Bunnies live at least 10 years, so it's best to be sure you're up for that commitment before getting one. I do not know what your situation is, but bunnies are quite a bit of work and time.

I agree. As someone who has had rabbits before, yes - they do live 8-10 years, eat a whole bunch of timothy hay, and require just about as much work/cleaning as a small dog. But they are sweet in return if properly trained. If for an older child, I'd recommend a Guinea Pig pair.

Someone
Mar '13

Please don't do it just for Easter for your kids unless you're in it for the long haul - they are a lot of work!!!

TerryLynn TerryLynn
Mar '13

Not to mention $$$! One of Baci's sister, a lop is already up a couple thousand of $$$.

However if you do need any advice re: their care, just shoot me an email.

Baci's mom Baci's mom
Mar '13

My bunny lived to be 13! Check out Barnyard sanctuary they have literally. 100 bunnies for adoption there in blairstown You can check them out on Facebook

I agree with KBCT check out Barnyard sanctuary in Blairstown! She is an awesome advocate for the animals!

pampur pampur
Mar '13

Thank you all. I will look into all of this info.

Re: Mini lop bunnies 4 sale?

Hi, this is Tamala from The Barnyard Sanctuary. We currently do not have any mini lops available for adoption. We do have several dwarfs of different types and a significant number of baby New Zealands (3rd largest breed, not small). Unless you have your heart set on mini lops, we hope that you will decide to rescue bunnies, instead of buying them and supporting breeders. Rabbits are the 3rd most surrendered animal at the shelters. Many people buy them for Easter, without knowing what they are getting into. They don't have them fixed and are surprised when their baby bunnies have babies at 3-5 months of age. Last Easter we took in over 40 rabbits in just ONE month! We recently took in 42 New Zealand rabbits from an animal control officer case, that started from 2, and 9 of them had litters at our farm. Please help spread the word and find these bunnies a home! By the way, bunnies are social animals and do not like to live alone. No matter how much time you spend with them, they are bored to death and lonely living in a cage alone all their lives. Always adopt two!
Dear KBCT and pampur- thanks for the kind words! We really appreciate it!

Tamala Lester Tamala Lester
Mar '13

Looking for a mini lop for this month for my nephew...we are knowledgeable with bunnies im in morris county nj looking locally if any one kniws thank you Tammy

Tammy Boyd Tammy Boyd
Aug '14

Shoot me an email Tammy. I believe Somerset Regional Animal Shelter had taken in a couple of 9 weeks lops a couple weeks ago that are now in foster care.

Also some a$$hole just released 8 baby lops at a park in Connecticut the other day!!!

Baci's mom Baci's mom
Aug '14

Yes I have been looking for a mini lop since my old rabbit died but ever since I found this website so I thought it would be great to check it out so I did and it's wonderful

Need one for my baby for Xmas plz help in fort lee nj

Dorothy Dorothy
Nov '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.