Making Funnel Cake

has anybody ever rented equipment to make funnel cakes? if so, from where.......my searches have found nothing online

Hastings Hastings
Sep '13

Equipment? You need a large cast iron skillet, a funnel, a wire spider for scooping (and flipping) the cakes out of the oil and a powdered sugar shaker.

Or, are you talking about commercial operation, where you want to rent a large fryer, etc.?

ianimal ianimal
Sep '13

yes, commercial..enough to make maybe 3 at a time.....not huge

Hastings Hastings
Sep '13

Love funnel cake. We bought a funnel cake maker years ago from I think Kohls.
Worked OK, not great. Don't know what happened to it.

botheredbyuu
Sep '13

You would want a party rental place, I would think... I dont see a fryer listed here, but give them a call. Maybe they can get one or point you in the right direction. Good luck...

http://www.grandrentalnj.com/equipment.asp?action=category&category=49

ianimal ianimal
Sep '13

Does anyone have a really good recipe for the batter? Not for multiple cakes, just for making one or two at home.

hktownie hktownie
Sep '13

i go to wingman wings in mt arlington. they have funnel cake and the food is great. and they're open everyday.

http://www.wingmanwings.com/

180 Howard Blvd.
Mount Arlington, NJ 07856

Go to www.pinterest.com and in the top search box, type "funnel cake" - you will get plenty of ideas for do-it-at-home versions.

Jules Jules
Sep '13

ianimal~ I called that place and Taylor......nobody rents them or could tell me who does........its a mystery :) I guess you have to buy the equipment

Hastings Hastings
Sep '13

Taylor Rental in Washington has them.

255 Rte 31 Washington, NJ 07882
(908) 689-4666

a Parent
Sep '13

They may not specifically calling them "funnel cake" makers or fryers. You can just use the regular deep fryers, you probably want like a 4 wide one. Most times you get it at a carnival or fair you'll see they often just use a big pan with a gas heater underneath. You don't need all that much oil, just 1-2 inches instead of 6 like you would chicken.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.