Locally crafted Xmas Ornaments?

Anybody know where I can get some handmade tree ornaments crafted locally?? I want to support local cottage industries, while preparing for the upcoming Xmas holiday.

Clarioncall Clarioncall
Nov '15

There are usually a number of craft fairs/shows that feature local people's work. There is a craft fair listed on the calendar that is happening tomorrow.

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/calendar/2015/11/7#e11292

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '15

Besides that craft fair (boy it seems early, no?) there is also a sign up at House of Good Shepherd for their craft bazaar. I think that's the week after but am not sure. My mom likes their things a lot.

Trinity Church is having a craft fair as well, Starr Hall 9-3 this Saturday Nov 7.

It's not until the first week in Dec, but the biggest crafts of all are at Hope. Hope draws a lot of crafters from further away, but the amount of vendors is huge.

Land of make believe has them

skippy skippy
Nov '15

I've heard of Shepherd's House on this forum, but can't glean if it's a year-round venue or somebody's crafts for sale from their home!

Thanks for the ideas. We are new to the area and want to support local businesses, as we have always done in our previous home State.

Clarioncall Clarioncall
Nov '15

You might want to visit Gallery 23 in Blairstown. I often go there for gifts or just look around. The artists who might be working there are friendly and fun to talk to.

Check their website.

Gallery 23 is a cooperative venture consisting of about 30+ jury-selected artists who participate in the operation of the gallery, etc.

Mom with kids Mom with kids
Nov '15

Re: Locally crafted Xmas Ornaments?

I crochet snowflake ornaments per request. Here's a photo of one.

ladeevee ladeevee
Nov '15

Clarioncall - I believe you are talking about "Shepherd's Daughter" not "Shepherd House" which was described as a sale for only 9 days here:

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/649748#t650174

They seem to have a Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/SDSeasonalBoutique/

Please note that has no relation to the sale I mentioned at "The House of the Good Shepherd" which is the retirement community at the north end of town on Willow Grove Street.

Warren Tech has an amazing craft fair. I think it's on 12/5 this year. I've been going for a few years now and the stuff is really nice. The only thing that I don't like about the fair is that it's difficult to stroll through with little ones or try to keep little kids in tow. Its the sort of market where you'll want to really browse and the artisans will talk with you. It's just tough to do that with little kids. They have a Facebook page under the name Crafts in the Warren Tech.

Antimony Antimony
Nov '15

GC -- yes!! Thanks for the clarification. Good to know...

Lavadee -- I shall contact you about your snowflake ornaments. Thank you.

Antimony -- thanks for the tip. We will take a look.

Mom with Kids -- I haven't been to Blairstown yet, but this place looks right up my alley. Thanks for sharing.

Clarioncall Clarioncall
Nov '15

ladeevee - I want snowflakes!! are you still in business?

Skippy Skippy
Nov '15

I believe Hometown Hardware sells a number of handmade goods, especially around Christmas. When they have their Christmas display up you should check it out.

1988LJ 1988LJ
Nov '15

1988LJ -- I appreciate that tip! A lot of good ideas on this particular thread. Thank you so much.

Clarioncall Clarioncall
Nov '15

Still in business Skippy. Pm me anyone who is interested. Clarion I got your email and will respond in the morning with cost options and dimensions.

Ladeevee Ladeevee
Nov '15

Re: Locally crafted Xmas Ornaments?

I make personalized ornaments - you can look at my face book page
Personalized Ornaments y Kelly
let me know what I can do to help you out!

kschre@aol.com

Thanks for looking.

Kelly Schreiner Kelly Schreiner
Nov '15

Will do, Kelly. Thank you.

Clarioncall Clarioncall
Nov '15

The craft fair at Warren Tech is excellent. There are a Lot of crafters showing their wares. I always find really nice items to buy for Christmas and other gifts.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Nov '15

I wish Warren Tech were on a different weekend from Hope. I've heard many good things about it but Hope will exhaust you on its own. Well worth being tired out, but too much to take someone else to Warren Tech too.

GC, I wish I could go to both; but that would be impossible. Warren Tech is pretty overwhelming with several rooms overflowing. Maybe I'll toss a coin this year to decide which one I''ll enjoy.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Nov '15

Take a drive to Peter's Valley in Sussex. Their store always has some really great ornaments made by the resident artists and others. I got some really great blown glass vegetables one year, and cast metal leaves another year. Good artsy stuff.

eperot eperot
Nov '15

Thanks, Eperot. I think we just might take a look in Sussex.

Clarioncall Clarioncall
Nov '15

I would be happy to ship it, if you don't mind paying for it.

The ornaments are $10 each, you choose the color, theme (we can work on the right graphic for you) and name and date on back.

You may view some options on my face book page: personalized ornaments by Kelly

Kelly s Kelly s
Nov '15

Where are craft holiday tomorrow? I know of Budd Lake Fire House...one of the church's in Washington and Hopatcong. Any more info would be great!

angelina8 angelina8
Nov '15

There is one at Hatchery Hill for the Hackettstown PTA tomorrow. Lots of local vendors. 9-12 and I'll be there with my crochet goods.

ladeevee ladeevee
Nov '15

Thank you.

angelina angelina
Nov '15

Hope Christmas Craft Market this weekend Dec.1 & 2. Just got back -- you can find them there. Besides the 6 buildings, go into the shops down the street.
Also available is a nice variety of baked goods, cookies, pies, etc. all reasonably priced.
I did have to laugh at the lady selling little cakes that measured about 5" x 5" for $25!! Wonder if she sold any yet.

happiest girl
Dec '18

Have to agree with the Hope Christmas Craft Show. They have beautiful items of all kinds.

USAfirst USAfirst
Dec '18

Beautiful items like Swayze Mill Inn wreaths. And tasty ones too!!

St Lukes cookies are a legend! ;-)

And don't forget to grab some chili at the fire house. Some wacky behind the bar real estate Jack wagon dishing it out. ;-) (Hi again JohnK!!)

Dalcourt's Desserts form Hackettstown was there too. Everything looked so delicious!

happiest girl
Dec '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.