Greenway florist

Does anyone know what happened to Greenway florist? Has another florist taken over their accounts? We are still receiving our floral arrangements for Sunday services. Have tried phone number listed on web site ( no answer) and email through website (no response). Our flower needs (color and types) change with the liturgical season...trying to be proactive.

Meg Critchley Meg Critchley
Sep '17

Trying going there and seeing what's going on for yourself. If no ones there, get to another florist asap!

Zuma
Sep '17

Stop paying the invoice. That should get a response from them! LOL

I've noticed it looks closed as I drive by, but haven't seen or heard anything.

TownFriend
Sep '17

They had a "Closing Sale" sign posted for a couple of weeks. Then the sign was changed to "Closed." It's clearly been closed for some weeks. Strange that the flowers keep coming.

Aquarius Aquarius
Sep '17

Thanks to all who responded. Have been to the facility and the place is locked up and deserted.
Yes the strange part is that the flowers keep coming and we haven't been invoiced since April...so not paying the bill probably won't get any attention.
Also deliveries never made at a set time...so hard to ambush the delivery person.
Zion in Long Valley also uses Greenway and is in the same difficulty.....flowers delivered, no bills since April and no contact.

Sep '17

Meg ~ Have you tried writing the florist a letter and sending it to the business address? Maybe contact the post office to see if there is a forwarding address to reach them? It was considerate of them to make sure that your still receiving your flowers for services no matter what happened but really odd that you aren't getting a bill from someone.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Sep '17

You may want to contact the localflorists in the area - Hackettstown, Chester, Mt. Olive, they might be able to shed some light on this mystery.

fusselfrei fusselfrei
Sep '17

I just passed by a few days ago and there were vegetables outside for sale.

happiest girl
Sep '17

There were multiple ambulances and police there on Friday around 4 in afternoon.

Bizzy
Sep '17

the mystery has been solved!
Left a note for the delivery person on Saturday requesting new owner contact me. Heard from new supplier...she's a free lance florist, working from her home in Hackettstown and bought out the church accounts from Greenway.
It seems that the farm was sold and the new owner did not want the floral business.
Did I mention that with all the concerns we were always very pleased with the arrangements from our new supplier?

Sep '17

My thoughts are also to Thank Greenway for so many years of service...from Happy occasions to Funerals they so easily handled for us. We are appreciative. Hope the enjoy their entiled retirement.

Meg - Glad you got to the bottom of it. Did she mention why you had not been billed?

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '17

Hi Meg, that's very interesting. Never knew free-lance florists were a thing so I learned my new fact for today. Thank you for coming back and letting us know the outcome. I always like to hear the solution to a mystery. :-)

Aquarius Aquarius
Sep '17

Greenway flowers was sold a few years ago to become Greenway florist, gifts, comics, and collectibles. To then go out of business. Nothing to do with a sale or no sale of the farm

Ilikeflowers Ilikeflowers
Sep '17

And of course this happens- just as we gain a comic book shop in this area, we lost it. Can someone please open a comic shop in, maybe, the Flock Building (where Marty's Reliable Bicycles used to be)?

Tim Mischka Tim Mischka
Sep '17

So sad to hear that they closed. They were the kindest and most generous people I could ever know!
I hope and pray that they have found something good to do to make their lives rich and happy! I will never forget them and the kindness they have shown me.

Scott
May '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.