Bilby Road Construction

Can anyone tell me if the new structures are apartments or condominiums on Bilby Road ?

Thank you

Curious Curious
5 days ago

Apartments

tenements...

zentravl
4 days ago

I drove by there yesterday and was stunned at the size of that complex and how quickly it erupted. I was in that area around August 2nd, and it was barely anything.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
3 days ago

The half of Bilby Road closest to Rte. 517 used to be a dirt path, back when we bought our townhome when Oak Hill was just being built. We had to get there by taking what is now Old Bilby Road. At the time, Oak Hill was only on the south side of Bilby Rd.

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
3 days ago

There is a sign right out front that says doctors offices

Donaldson Donaldson
3 days ago

The sign is for the medical building that sits back about 200 yards or so, behind that apartment complex. It's been there for many years.

3 days ago

This is on the Htown side of the RR tracks?

Yes, Bilby near Willow Grove. That's where I was referring.

3 days ago

I was told by one of the nurses from one of the doctor's office's that there are 540 units with 500 parking spots. There is not even one spot per unit. What are these people going to do?

Parental Unit Parental Unit
2 days ago

More apartments means more people means more traffic. The traffic has become ridiculous, it feels to me like the number of cars on our roads has doubled with the new townhouses on Stiger St.
This complex on Bilby is massive. Our roads are going to be gridlocked and our schools are going to be over burdened

Reading these latest posts on this particular project surely indicates very few if any folks posting truly understand how a process like this evolves from the introduction of a project all the way through a final version of a project and subsequent approval for building as it relates to our Land Use Board and the the Municipal Land Use Law here in NJ. Traffic has not and will not double. The schools will not be over burdened and the town will not experience perpetual gridlock. All of these items and scores of other elements are looked at and studied. All sorts of proven formulas are applied to a variety of aspects. This includes any larger projects like this one and even smaller housing projects. They are not just winging it.

As I have mentioned once or twice (a million times) the true and accurate facts regarding any project or building project in Hackettstown can always be obtained by attending a LUB meeting, asking questions and or adding valuable input to any project that is before them. It's not a secret club that only a few can get access to I promise. LOL. Everyone is invited and can be heard.

The next LUB meeting is Tuesday the 24th 7:00PM Hackettstown Municipal building 215 Stiger Street.

The school system has already said it is overburdened. Having to use trailers for classrooms seems like we've outgrown the current system.

The schools impact has been put out in many previous posts including a ton of misinformation. There is growth that has been dealt with, and the high school in particular is far more about sending districts than Hackettstown itself.

That said how can any apartments not even done yet be some ridiculous traffic jam?? That's almost as if someone moved away and isn't even in town any more to know what's going on.

Greg - But some folks started doing that and counted on others to not know when they looked around and didn't see anyone else there. Sometimes it's just not about what it's really about. But you knew that...

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Bilby Road Construction
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.