"My Cleaners" in Mansfield

This is just so this doesn't happen to you.....
I had a very expensive rug that needed to be "professionally cleaned". I took it to the My Cleaners on 57, across from Shop Rite. They sent it out to be cleaned and I received it back two weeks later.... It was ruined. It had water stains on it that they insisted were there before I dropped it off. (FYI. It was never cleaned before and there was NO damage to this rug) The colors had also run and the material was now coarse. I am not a biatch and wasn't trying to start something with the owner by any means. I simply was telling her (I am sure she hears it often) that the damage was INDEED not there and I was very unhappy. She sent it out to be cleaned again in hopes it would come back better and no such luck. It was worse. When I expressed myself in a kind patient way, I was disregarded and dismissed. I asked her what her policy was on this and she played the "I don't understand" card. I was so upset. The customer service was HORRIBLE! She offered not to give me my $60 (rug valued at $300) back but to discount my next cleaning $10! My next cleaning?????? I will not be back if I think my belongings will be damaged and that they will not stand behind making the customer happy when it is well warranted! I was so disappointed.

It's sad that some businesses have no idea what customer service is all about and then they wonder why they go under. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience.

Next time, try The Laundry Basket on Stiger St by Quick Chek. They send dry cleaning out. I've never used them for that (I just do my laundry there), but the owners have a good work ethic. I recommend them.

Everyone has a bad experience somewhere. It does not mean the next person will. Not sure what you have gained by sharing this Lynn.

Firefly Firefly
Feb '11

sorry that happened to you :( i usually steam my rugs to clean/sanitize them, they are not 300.00 rugs though so i am not sure what the right cleaning method on a rug like that would be.

icicle icicle
Feb '11

Firefly,
it was just a heads up so that someone would know both the positive and the negative and make their own decisions on the place. We went here for a few years before we had any problems but sometimes customer service can make or break a business and it broke it for us. If someone would have posted an experience on here for me to see, I would have taken it into consideration before going there. Isn't that was this forum is for...... helping update, keep informed and looking out for others. Helping them find what they need, while establishing connections and relationships. relax, I am only trying to help those who want it.

I have used them for years and never had a problem. Sorry to hear about your experience Lynn.

Sorry this happened to you Lynn. I agree customer service is vital to a business realizing success or not. I would review your ticket for any special warranties related to this service. Perhaps there is some recourse for you. If the ticket only refers to "garments" keep pushing for satisfaction as this was clearly a specialty service.
If you ever need a rug cleaned again, Wells Rug Service in Morristown is the place to go. They have been in business forever. I have taken $300 rugs as well as $30,000 rugs to them. They are not expensive and are experts in the field. As an aside, I had always taken photos of the rugs prior to service for both stains as well as any repairs that need to be made. Just a tip!

http://www.wellsrug.com/

Greg,
Thank you. I actually had to call the company where i purchased the rug to get a value and what the rug should look like. I will def take the picture before hand from now on. I wil try Wells rugs when we clean our oriental rug this summer. Thank you

I have used My Cleaners for years and have been very happy with all my experiences there. Granted, I have not taken a rug there to be cleaned, but have had lots of dry cleaning as well as tailoring with very satisfactory results.

I did have an experience years ago with a cleaners where I took a cotton blend dress to be cleaned. I was taking it to the cleaners because I wanted to make sure that the color was not ruined. This was a dress that could have been washed in the machine. Well, it appears that this was also the type of fabric that worked best when it was washed in a machine and dry cleaning was not recommended. (Sure wish I had read the care instructions before I took it to be cleaned). Sure enough it was ruined. Yes, this experience soured me on that cleaners, but it also made me much more careful to check the recommended cleaning instructions before I took something to a cleaners. I learned that the cleaners do what the customer asks (perform the cleaning) they do not double check to make sure that is the perferred method of cleaning.

I appreciate the insight here on carpet cleaning. As I will soon be getting some area rugs, I will be careful on how they are cleaned and who performs the cleaning.

Coralie Coralie
Feb '11

Thanks for sharing lynn, will be sure to not take any rugs there.

Christine Christine
Feb '11

Lynn, you do not have to explain yourself. I appreciate the input, and will make sure to take pics before having any big cleaning done.

Snoopy Snoopy
Feb '11

I worked counter help at a dry cleaners for 2 years in Sussex County. We had a special contract with a professional carpet cleaner who came in once a month and did them in house. He would also go to the customer's houses if the carpets were too big or heavy. If he felt there were stains or issues or if the fabric was too fragile, he would not touch it. Although I did not personally clean the clothes (it was done in another building), I would see clothes come back with tags that say the stains would not come out even though they tried. The owners I worked for were amazing in that if the tag on the clothes says "DO NOT DRY CLEAN" but there are stains on the clothes, they would give various options to the customers on what would be best. However they did not promise the stains would come out. I also learned that say a shirt says dry clean only..the trim on the shirt was not and could disintegrate. Who would have thought drycleaning was such a complicated process!!!

That stinks for your situation and I personally would go in there and demand my money back and not this whole "$10.00 off the next cleaning" I recommend always taking a picture of something worth value before you take it in for cleaning. Good luck w/everything!

sunshinenj
Feb '11

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.