Wet Downs

Dose anyone know of any more wet downs going on this year? And where and time and etc?

Thanks

Hackettstown NJ 12 Hackettstown NJ 12
Jun '11

They can only buy so many new trucks

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Jun '11

August 13. Chesters Ladder 9 wetdown which is right on main st, and july 16th is Good Will fire company #1 which starts at 1pm. Chesters wetdown is from 7pm to 10pm

summerlover summerlover
Jun '11

Can someone please tell me what a "wet down" is? It sounds vaguely.... naughty?

Rebecka Rebecka
Jun '11

When fire departments get new fire trucks, the other fire departments come with they're fire trucks and hose down the new fire trucks or I should say" wet down" the new truck. Its a good time

summerlover summerlover
Jun '11

Rebecka yes it could be naughty! Like take a wet tee shirt event on a larger scale opps we power wet down her cloths right off . I dont think i ever seen wet down listed under water sports the kinky ones any way .

Other fire companys come to the fire house of a company who has just gotten a new truck . the fire truch is wet down as a blessing a act of good luck so that once a truck is in service there is a hope that the truck will never be put in harms way from fire to the point of haveing to to be wet down along with the fire fighter who serve from that truck .

its the same as the chaimpain bottle on the bow of a ship

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Jun '11

Wow caged animal I never knew the true story behind the fire department wet downs lol thanks!!

summerlover summerlover
Jun '11

Re: Wet Downs

when fire departments get new trucks...and you should give thanks for all the Volunteer Fire Departments that are in force in this area...the firemen have wetdowns to welcome new firetrucks to the Fire Department...other fire Departments join in and they throw a party...and many times a parade...my son is a volunteer Fire Fighter...he continues a great tradition from my grandfather...just remember...these fireman are risking their lives every time they respond... to a fire and they have years of training...donate money to your local fire department...and rescue squad...if you see these guys at traffic intersection asking for donations open your wallet...they are the men who will put out a fire ...and if your home ever catches on fire...they will respond

oldman oldman
Jun '11

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.