pool plumbing

Anyone have any recent experience with pool repair . I have a burried suction line from the skimmer to the pump on an inground pool that needs to be replaced. Not sure if I should just do it but figured I would atleast price out how much a company would charge to fix it .

I have used Holland Pools and Ryn Robin...I will NEVER EVER use Holland Pools again! Call Ryn Robin they should be able to give a ballpark price.

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Jun '12

Did you try Olympic Pools in Budd Lake? They do repair ind installation.

Christine Christine
Jun '12

I called Olympic and holland and was told they would have someone call me back and so far nothing back from either one.

I just had Holland Pool install a new liner, and replace a skimmer box on my 20x40 inground pool. I would highly recommend them. They did a great job. I would give Paul, the owner a call 908-684-9329 you will be happy you did.

BevBighead BevBighead
Jun '12

jdem: Holland Pool just left my house, im sure Paul will call you soon, You will not be disapointed. I have used many pool services and he is the BEST.

BevBighead BevBighead
Jun '12

Do NOT call Rin Robyn! Overpriced and understaffed---long wait times. Wants only high end pool installation. Will check your house first to see if you are RR worthy.

Never used HOlland pools but the The Pool and Spa shop on Route 206 in Flanders is excellent!

ziggy ziggy
Jun '12

If you like I could look at it for free. After I look at your system I will provide you with several options with cost. You might be a candidate for pipe relining and you could avoid digging altogether. I'm sure within 1/2 hour of my visit you'll be able to choose your favorite option with confidence. If you like I can do the work right away. I just opened a new plumbing business in Hackettstown to include drains, construction, heating and air repair. The business name is Repair Champ Inc. I'm not advertising the business, it is being built through word of mouth. You can text or call me, Ron Dill at 908 892-6882.

Ron Dill Ron Dill
Jun '12

Hi Ron!! I recommend him too!!! LOL!

Christine Christine
Jun '12

Thanks everybody, Holland Pools came out and did a quick dye test for me and made sure which line the issue is in. I have to do some digging to see what we are up against then I can decide what to do.

Re: pool plumbing

I would suggest calling Rin Robyn, but then I am prejudiced because I opened the Rin Robyn Pools' store in Hackettstown in 1982 and continue to own it today together with my wife, Hae-Sun Robyn. We have a "new" Service Technician, John, who has almost as many years of experience in the pool industry as do I - and he's a whiz at fixing pretty much anything on a swimming pool. I would invite you to give us a call and get an estimate on whatever problem that you have with your swimming pool. I will guarantee you that you won't get a better technician to solve your problem.

But, I really want to put forth a rebuttal to the person who said that Rin Robyn is overpriced and understaffed, with long wait times. I would invite anyone to look at our pricing for chemicals, parts, etc., and compare them with any other provider. We spend a lot of time over the winter to make sure that our pricing is in line with competitive standards - including the "Big Box" stores, like WalMart, Home Depot and Loews - and the internet stores (by the way, you can buy Rin Robyn products at internet pricing at www.rinrobypools.com). When you buy something from us, we actually email you the receipt so that you can Google what you bought and decide for yourself if our pricing is fair! As far as "understaffed" goes, we do our best in hiring local college students to work in the store during the busy summer season. We pick only the best and brightest of the bunch - and we have them go through a extensive program of training to insure that they are able to correctly answer all the basic questions - and know when to ask for help on the more complex questions. Over the last 30 years, we've hired hundreds of local college students to help out - and when it's busy on a hot day with lots of water tests, the wait time can be somewhat longer than we'd like - but we don't compromise on the accuracy of our water testing and we offer you exactly the correct products to solve your problems.

Finally, I don't deny that we do high-end pool installations - and make no apologies for it. Years ago, we decided that our market would be the high-end, and we've been successful as a result. We recently won the prestigious Aqua Magazine CHOICE Award for 1st place nationally for a concrete pool and spa installation that we did in Princeton, NJ. See the attached photo.

For 30 years, we've been in Hackettstown and we have served thousands of customers and employed hundreds of seasonal employees. We're proud of our company and our track record in the marketplace and suggest that you give us a call with your questions.

James Robyn James Robyn
Jun '12

I have had both Holland Pools and Rin Robyn out to my house, Rin Robyn wins had down. John the service tech was great, did not find them overpriced at all!

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Jun '12

@James..I love rebuttal's from business owners. I am the first to say, everyone is entitled to their opinion on everything (local business's included), but by the same token, I am happy to hear from a local business person and have their feelings known. I'm sure your post speaks volumes on having someone give your business a try. Sounds like you have a great plan.

Bessie Bessie
Jun '12

I also suggest Rin Robyn, but then I'm biased because I work in the Service and Retail operations. We take great pride in focusing on each customer to provide the information and help that they need and have not been able to find anywhere else.

Our Retail customers routinely tell us that they will patiently wait, knowing that they will receive outstanding support when it is their turn. All staff members receive rigorous training and evaluation in pool and spa water chemistry: we have state-of-the-art testing equipment and computerized analysis, and the practical know-how to turn test results into clear, sparkling water.

On the Service side, we do indeed offer the best, from personalized homeowner How-To through the most difficult equipment troubleshooting and repair. We provide an astounding number of same-day and next-day repairs, and achieve successes where other 'pool guys' have failed. Need parts? Both Rin Robyn Service and Rin Robyn Retail will make the extra effort to find what you need, and to advise the DIY or complete the repair.

Call Rin Robyn. Our support for your pool and spa is unmatched.

Lisa @ Rin Robyn Lisa @ Rin Robyn
Jun '12

James, that photo from Princeton home is gorgeous! Congrats on the award.....

Crazy Cat Lady Crazy Cat Lady
Jun '12

We don't have a pool yet, but we did have Rin Robyn over to try to get some ideas and a price range and time frame last year. Unfortunately, I have to say I was completely turned off by the meeting. It was 100% "these people spent this much on their pool" and 0% "what are you looking for?" Not ONCE were we asked what we had in mind.

Suggestion for future sales presentations: tone down the flaunting of spending other people's money (so vulgar) and get to know your potential customers.

It wasn't our lack of a budget, or your obviously top-notch, beautiful work, that stopped us from hiring you. It was the blatantly nouveau riche way you presented yourselves.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jun '12

Rebecka,

Thanks for the kind words about our "top-notch, beautiful work" and your advice on sales presentations is noted, although I must say that in the 30+ years that I have personally been selling swimming pools, one of my first questions is always "What do you have in mind?"

All of our in-home sales presentations last year were done by my wife and myself together and in looking at your website (beautiful photos of dogs - we love dogs (and cats) - we have a dog and one of our daughters became a veterinarian because of our family love of pets), there is a photo of you with your camera. Neither my wife nor I recognize you - we went through our notes on all of our sales presentations from last year and corroborated that we've not been out on a sales presentation with you. My wife indicated that she sees your picture at the Mendham Health and Racquet Club on a poster advertising your services.

We think that you must have us confused with someone else.

James Robyn James Robyn
Jul '12

Jim - you and your wife were absolutely here. You mentioned you have a pet named Tiki, and we liked the name so much, we named our next adopted animal Tiki.

I don't have any ads at the Mendham Health and Racquet Club, so it is indeed you who have me confused. I will PM you with our last name and address, so it will be easier for you to find us in your notes, and you can then amend your comment here.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '12

Rebecka,

I stand corrected - we were at your home, but it was in 2010, not last year.

As you indicated in your private email, we will take your criticisms to be constructive.

James Robyn James Robyn
Jul '12

I have to say this was not the reason I started this thread but to come on and say you do not even remember a customer does not fair well in the light of customer satisfaction. Those comments rather supported Rebecka's points.

To your original question, jdem, please feel free to contact me. As the Manager for both Service Operations and Retail Operations at Rin Robyn Pools, I'll provide you with the information you need regarding your skimmer line.

Lisa

Rin Robyn Pools

21 Route 46
Hackettstown

908-850-8545

Lisa @ Rin Robyn Lisa @ Rin Robyn
Jul '12

I wanted to update as some people had negative comments on Holland Pools but they have been nothing but helpful in my dealings and would recommend them.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.