Cracked iPhone Repair

Im looking for someone local that can repair a cracked IPhone 4

spuddsy spuddsy
Feb '14

I'm looking too... I heard radio shack does them now but haven't checked that out yet.

I recall seeing that Apple Stores were going to start being able to fix cracked screens, but don't know if Rockaway (or Allentown) is one that can do it, or if they can fix the older version phone you have.

How bad is the crack - is it usable or is the entire screen broken?

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Feb '14

There's a kiosk in the Rockaway mall that does it.

Gerber Guy Gerber Guy
Feb '14

I had mine fixed in the apple store in Rockaway. Took about 1/2 an hour.

Njchia Njchia
Feb '14

I've done it before it's not hard. Just buy the new screen (it has to have the lcd and the plastic together, you can NOT buy them separately, they are glued together at the factory - many 3rd party vendors bought the lcd and plastic separately before they found out they had to be together and won't tell you it wont work) and follow the instructions on ifixit.com

THe kiosk guy at the mall does it in 30-40 minutes for about $90. tThe Apple store will do it for about $200.

Username
Feb '14

Does anyone know where in the Rockaway mall the Kiosk is to repair the cracked screen?

I just cracked my iPad screen last night and am debating if I should have it fixed or get the latest verison instead (the existing is the second generation and it is 3 years old, but seems to otherwise work fine - it is used daily... lol)

Coralie Coralie
Feb '14

they can't replace the screen - or at least couldn't when I did that - but they gave me a new one for way less than the new price - so I'd go to apple store and see what they 'd do for you

5catmom 5catmom
Feb '14

There is a place in Rockaway that does it too. They are about 2 miles from the mall

Http://Www.intrepidwebs.com

Carol Saunders Carol Saunders
May '14

The kiosk in Rockaway Mall that does it is located downstairs right by Starbucks.

htownlifer htownlifer
May '14

I just used the kiosk in the mall and he was great.

emily1 emily1
May '14

Has anyone had to replace an iphone screen recently? Is the Rockaway Mall kiosk still a good option? Just dropped mine this weekend and cracked it.

hktownie hktownie
Jun '15

There's a place right by the Starbucks in Mansfield. Can't remember what it is called, but they are very nice and did a good job .

Mariann Mariann
Jun '15

Lifeline is the vendor by Starbucks. Shop around. My daughter had Galaxy S4 estimates from $60-$164.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.