10/22 Meeting at High School

Did anybody go to the meeting? I had to work and was curious about what was said - especially about all the changes and the punishments (like Sat detentions, etc) that have been implemented.

Heidi Heidi
Oct '14

Man, detentions for SATs, that's harsh.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Oct '14

mistergoogle chimes in with another hilarious post! /s

I went to the meeting last night. There were 4 parents, 1 student, Mr. Mango, Mr Scanlon, Mrs Spukes, Mr. Sosnovik, and Mr. O'Leary in attendance. Mr. Scanlon gave synopsis of how the administrative team came to be and his style of management. It was a very informal meeting. Parents had the opportunity to ask questions. Things that came up:

Name badges-how they help; Student Growth Objectives; Homelogic/attendance issues; Technology in the classrooms (bring your own device policy for seniors); Why HHS does not rank students in their senior year (would be easier for scholarship/college applications and at the end of the year we find out who are in the top ten anyway). Was a very general meeting...topics flowed from one item to the next.

Mr. Scanlon and "the team" have an open door policy. He said he would probably have 3 or more of these meetings and you can always send an email for anything specific.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions, I would not hesitate to send an email directly to one of the team members.

Nancy Nancy
Oct '14

Thanks Nancy!

Heidi Heidi
Oct '14

Meetings where the public may ask questions and discuss things with school leaders are a great thing to do. I'm amazed that there are so many school districts that do not do it. Communication is where it is at.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Oct '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.