Orphan kitten

I took a little kitten in yesterday from out side, it only seems to be a couple weeks old. I don't have the time to take care of it but I wasn't going to leave it outside with this snow. I'm wondering if anyone would like to take it in or knows of where I can bring it

Ciara Ciara
Nov '14

Ciara - call PAL right away. (973) 584-0095 Depending on exactly how old, it may not be able to survive without its mother. A shelter like that may know of a nursing mother that could help out.

Yes, definitely call PAL. There may be a nursing mom that will accept this kitten as GC suggested. If not, they have a lot of great foster moms that volunteer their time and would bottle feed the kitten.

I know a few read this forum, so hopefully someone will contact you soon :)

Any luck finding help for the kitten Ciara?

I called PAL and no one picked up

Ciara Ciara
Nov '14

Many of the people who work with PAL are off now due to the holiday. I can email someone to let them know about this post. If you PM me your email I can forward that along.

ladeevee ladeevee
Nov '14

Any news on if someone picked up this kitten? If she is very young it is vital she getbottles asap.

Dansker Dansker
Nov '14

feed her warm milk with an eye dropper, get some nutrition in her while you figure out next steps.

had a female dog once who a little kitten latched onto, i learned that life does indeed find a way

we also had a litter once and the runt was always getting pushed out of the way by her little siblings (6 kits in the litter), so my better half stpped in with the hand feeding by bottle, started with an eye-dropper cause she was so small, we had that cat for 15 years, so please keep trying . . . . .

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Nov '14

Ill take her

happiness happiness
Nov '14

I have the kitten now and have been in touch with someone from PAL. Definitely looks like a runt and most likely about 6 weeks old. Very cute little lady and super affectionate.

ladeevee ladeevee
Nov '14

thank you ladeevee for taking her - just don't tempt me

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

Ohh, she is temptation embodied. The husband is already smitten.

ladeevee ladeevee
Nov '14

Ladeevee - do you have a new pet in your household? :-) How is the little one doing? Very nice of you to take her under your wing.

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '14

Re: Orphan kitten

She is doing really well and we're her foster family at the moment. Go word yesterday that PAL is going to take her into the fold and get her ready for adoption and we'll be taking care of her in the process. She is such a good kitten. Very affectionate and sweet.

ladeevee ladeevee
Dec '14

OMG!!!! Sooooooo stinking cute! So nice of you to take care of her.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '14

That picture doesn't even do her coat justice. It's a dark chocolate brown that can look black at times and she has a little star spot just under her neck, which is why we're calling her Stella.

ladeevee ladeevee
Dec '14

Brown? Really? She looks black there. If you can, try and post a pic that shows her "natural" color fur. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '14

that is one cute little cat i must say,

keep talking to her while she's young, she will learn more english that way, use real words and everything , they are remarkably intelligent beings. they retain a lot and learn to communicate with their voices.

nice work, keep it up, this is what we are truly all about, so much bad news all the time, this is very nice to see, thanks!

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Dec '14

If we could get some actual sunshine I could get some really good pictures of her! ;)

As for helping her out, my husband and I are of the same thought, if you have the means to help, you do it because it's the right thing to do. Glad we did because now we can help her get ready for a loving home while getting care in a loving home.

ladeevee ladeevee
Dec '14

Ok, Calico, here are some natural shots of Stella :) The first one shows a bit of the white star on her chest.

ladeevee ladeevee
Dec '14

And here is one that shows off her coat better. Like I said in some light it can be black in other light, chocolate brown.

ladeevee ladeevee
Dec '14

Thank you for the pics, ladeevee! Everyone who sees them has gotten their daily dose of cuteness! She really is gorgeous. What a rich-looking coat -- she'll be a beautiful adult cat.

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '14

very cute - my "black" cat originally had tiger stripes similar to Stella - they eventually disappeared -- also interesting - brushed off hair does not look black - more gray ish--
what a beautiful kitten she is

5catmom 5catmom
Dec '14

My heart is melting.

She is so adorable. Thanks for the pics, they made my day! :-)

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '14

Happy to share them. I can keep sharing a few pics here and there as she grows since she'll be with us for a couple of weeks at least :)

ladeevee ladeevee
Dec '14

Figured I would share a new picture in case anyone was thinking about this little lady. She's super playful now and has grown a little bit since we first got her.

ladeevee ladeevee
Dec '14

SQUEAL!!!! So super cute! Thanks for sharing.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '14

Thank you for letting her in your home.

gypsysmom gypsysmom
Dec '14

Stella is learning how to be a very cuddly lap cat. She's also growing nicely :)

ladeevee ladeevee
Dec '14

I don't know who is luckier - Stella or you.............adorable-- has she failed fostering?

5catmom 5catmom
Dec '14

Still fostering her. Too young to adopt out, but she's going to meet my mom and dad in a few days, so we'll see ;) My mom has been falling in love over FB posts. We just need to convince my dad. The joke is that all the pets he said he never wanted, soon became his pets.

ladeevee ladeevee
Dec '14

She's is so stinking cute!!!

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '14

After caring for this little cutie for almost 2 months now, I am happy to report she is getting her furever home tomorrow! She is still as sweet as can be and her new home sounds like a great fit. Just wanted to let everyone know, in case they were wondering about little Stella.

ladeevee ladeevee
Jan '15

Fantastic!!!!

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Jan '15

You deserve a medal, ladeevee. I'm thinking it must be hard to give Stella up after all your loving care. Thanks for the update and best wishes to Stella in her furever home.

Chickadee Chickadee
Jan '15

It is hard, but our home wasn't the right fit with our two older cats being so set in their ways. This will give her a chance to have a place where she can romp around and not get lectured by the old fogies ;)

ladeevee ladeevee
Jan '15

Fabulous - and she is adorable....!!!

5catmom 5catmom
Jan '15

Wonderful! So glad to hear it. She's a beauty!

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.