Anyone recognize this cat? Allen Rd

Anyone recognize this cat? Allen Rd

I'm forwarding this from FB.
"Does this sweet kitty belong to anyone? She's sitting on my doorstep in Yorkshire Apartments on Allen Rd. PM me if you know where she belongs. It's cold and I can't bring her/him in. Kitty is long haired, well groomed, and well fed."
If you know who's cat this is, you can look up the name Hannah Sakolsky on FB and pm her or call the aco that she left a message for at 908-852-0003 and hopefully owner and pet can be re-united.

villani villani
Jan '15

OMG she looks like my friends cat...........although her picture is darker then yours. Take a peek at this thread.

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/466099

I have contacted her through facebook. hopefully she'll come on here and take a peek. It's been a while since her cat escaped, but who knows.........worth a look.

littlelu littlelu
Jan '15

There is a cat that looks like these two that has been wondering around Mansfield Village for some time now! I've tried to coax him/her inside numerous but luck so far. Usually it just sits there and meows at me.

Re: Anyone recognize this cat? Allen Rd

Very friendly kitty found on Allen Rd by the Yorkshire Apartments. Long hair brown/black/tan kitty, seems well groomed and well fed. Does not like to be picked up, nibbles a little, incredibly sweet. Anyone knows who this baby belongs to please email me at Hannahsakolsky@yahoo.com. I called animal control last night.

Hannah Sakolsky Hannah Sakolsky
Jan '15

beautiful Maine Coon Cat- I hope someone recognizes or adopts her

5catmom 5catmom
Jan '15

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/466099#recent

is it the same cat??

honey badger honey badger
Jan '15

Is this cat a boy or girl?

I put the 2 pictures (one of Coconut missing for over a year and one of this cat) side by side. Definitely worth checking out, if anybody can get in touch with Coconut's owner, Nancy?? The coloring in the pictures could be off. I think the shape of the face and eyes are very similar.

Hastings Hastings
Jan '15

This is Nancy (Coconuts mom). I would love to come check this kitty out. He's been missing since Hurricane Sandy! 908-304-8346

I don't know Nancy personally but I did forward her this thread, I thought of Coconut earlier this morning when I first read this! Fingers crossed...

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jan '15

If this cat was missing since Sandy, this would be an awesome reunion story!

hocusP
Jan '15

In the classified section "pets" of HL It looks like missing cat Ollie

Hack mom Hack mom
Jan '15

Have you at least put some form of shelter out so the cat can get out of the wind? She will surely freeze to death if she has no shelter.

Dansker Dansker
Jan '15

Our Maine Coon was missing as well. I went there hoping
it was our cat. It wasn't :( But I couldn't leave her/him out
in the cold, so I brought it home. Sadly our cat snuck out and
was found dead on the road hours later. Our hearts
are broken :( I called all the leads that all of you
posted. Thank You. We are working it out. If it
isn't any of their cats I will adopt it. Shout out to Hannah for
caring about our Feline Friends. I will post more pics
of the cat over the weekend. I hope someone claims him.
If not he/she has a permanent home in my house. What a sweet cat.
Thanks again Hannah :)

Jacqui Jacqui
Jan '15

It turned out NOT to be "our" Nancys cat. :(

littlelu littlelu
Jan '15

For now this kitty is living in our home with heat, food and a lot of love since noon yesterday. If you feel this could be your missing baby please email me. If no one claims her rest assured she/he has a permanent place in our home.

But again a shout out to Hannah for starting this thread and caring about our feline friends. If it weren't for Hannah's compassion this poor baby would still be struggling outdoors in the cold.

Jacqui Jacqui
Jan '15

Jacqui, I am so sorry for your loss!
You are very kind to take in this cat.
Praying for your family and this special cat...

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Jan '15

Exactly what Spring Fever said. So sad you lost your kitty, Jacqui.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '15

Thank you all. Our hearts are truly broken. Miya was a beautiful kitten and we cannot stop crying over her. It hurts really bad :( My kids are devastated, so I beg you all to keep this thread clean.

As much as we wished this kitten in this post was Our Miya, it wasn't, but we are glad we can give this poor baby a home/food/warmth and love.

Jacqui Jacqui
Jan '15

I'm so sorry for your loss. We get attached to our animals, like family.
It's a wonderful thing, you taking this cat in.
You can never replace, but it will definitely help the healing process, while
Giving this cat a loving warm home. TY

Jacqui, I am so sorry about Miya. :-(

Thank you so much for taking this cat in. It is so terribly cold out. If a reunion with his or her family is not to be, at least he or she has a warm loving place to call home.

Aquarius Aquarius
Jan '15

Thank you for helping this cat and so sorry for your loss of Miya.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Jan '15

I am so glad you took this kitty in - it sounds like she/he was meant to fill the hole in your heart - bitter sweet - and a life saved I'm sure

5catmom 5catmom
Jan '15

So sorry for your loss.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '15

Update :)

We just got home from the vet.
The cat is a she and between 1 & 2 years old.
She is healthy and we had her vaccinated.
Vet isn't 100 percent sure on this, but feels due to how friendly she is, she
was not always an outdoor cat. She does bite a lil, but that's just the poor lil
babies defensive mechanism due to being in a new environment. Otherwise she
is quite the lover. Also she is either a Maine Coon or just a long haired tabby. Vet said it's hard to tell.
Sadly we feel someone abandoned her and hope we are wrong. Attached is an updated pic. If no one claims her, she has has a forever home with us :) If you feel this maybe your cat please email me.

And Thank you all for the kind words regarding the loss of our baby Miya. We still hurt badly over her tragic death :(

Jacqui Jacqui
Feb '15

Great that you took her in for a checkup. We took in a longhair a few years back thinking she was someone's lost pet too. Meanwhile, she's still here ;) This may be Miya's way to make sure your heart isn't too heavy.

ladeevee ladeevee
Feb '15

She's such a pretty cat!

Aquarius Aquarius
Feb '15

What a beautiful cat! The biting will undoubtedly stop. I have had many rescues who were traumatized from suddenly being abandoned outdoors, plus Heaven knows what else. and it seemed to be a stress and survival instinct, that past with a growing sense of security.

Dansker Dansker
Feb '15

Jacqui, that's awesome you took in the cat. I feel for sure this cat had a home with it being so friendly. Unfortunately, abandoned animals are common. I was going to say perhaps she nips is because she had arthritis and it's painful to be picked up or petted in the area of arthritis..most commonly the back end area. This is something new I just learned from the show "cat whisper". I'm sure I have the name wrong of the show but it was good info to learn. However, of course this is not the case with your cat being that she is so young.
Sorry to hear about Miya.
This cat now that you adopted thanks you with everything she has with rescuing her from the cold and giving her a home. She sure is one lucky kitty.

villani villani
Feb '15

Jacqui, good for you to take an animal in need in, that is fantastic. So sorry about Miya. You are a wonderful person.

animal lover animal lover
Feb '15

Update! If it weren't for Hackettstown Life this beautiful feral Maine Coon would still be struggling alone outside. Almost 3 years later and she is flourishing in our house. Updated pic attached.

This is what makes Hackettstown Life forum an amazing site. ❤
#helping one another # helping animals

Jacqui Jacqui
Nov '17

Thanks for the update! She's beautiful.

Thank you so much for taking her in and giving her a loving home. :-)

Aquarius Aquarius
Nov '17

Beautiful cat!

Hackresident Hackresident
Nov '17

Thank you for the update. She is a beauty!

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '17

What a gorgeous girl. So happy she and you found each other. I lost my cat and within 4 weeks took in a feral kitten and he's now almost 14 years old.

Natari Natari
Nov '17

Hurray!!!

All of HackCATStown loves a happy ending!!!

Sugar & White Shoes Sugar & White Shoes
Nov '17

Thanks so much for the update Jacqui! She is gorgeous! We emailed a few times in the past when we were trying to locate the friendly black and white cat. He's a wanderer........haven't read anything recently about him. Wish they all could be rescued. I've TNR's about 30 in the area so far and always take any kittens before they are feral. Hoping that makes a dent in the cat population. You would think it has to but it's discouraging to see so many. If only people were responsible

Worried Worried
Nov '17

Tx all for the kind words. Our hearts are still broken after Miya's tragic death. But Miya brought us to this cat(We named her Snuggles) plus 3 other rescues(Joseph, Timmy and Milo) that we saved after her sudden death. Plus we already had 2 other cats. Wish I could rescue more, but 6 cats is my limit.
I do though donate food and supplies to various animal rescue groups. So if you cant take in an animal you can still donate either money or supplies. Even a $20 bag of either dog or cat food goes a far way of helping these Rescue Groups.

Worried: You definitely have a beautiful soul :)

Jacqui Jacqui
Nov '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.