Re: Big fire - Allen Rd., Donaldson's

looks to be at Donaldsons

Buddy
Sep '16

Structure fire. DONALDSON FARM Stand / 358 Allen RD, MANSFIELD TWP [09/09 1700]

Hope everyone is ok

NJSkyWatcher NJSkyWatcher
Sep '16

It looks close to the store? Hope everyone is safe.

I hope none is hurt!

Initial report on the scanner was all animals and everyone were out. Guessing no Friday night cook out as it appears by the photo to be that building?

Grascal
Sep '16

Allen road is closed between Grsnd Ave and Ry 57. All other roads around are open. It looks to be near the store.

A friemd sent this pic.....

EG1982
Sep '16

And this....from the friendship center.....

EG1982
Sep '16

Allen Rd. closed on the Shop-Rite side.

ScottB ScottB
Sep '16

The morton building behind the stand.

Anyone know if it's contained yet.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Sep '16

That's sad. Among other things, that barn contained all the farm's seasonal decorations. Hopefully they're insured.

Good luck Donaldson's prayers for you guys tonight....

Stone
Sep '16

Oh no. My thoughts are with them.

SquirrelGirl SquirrelGirl
Sep '16

What a shame - hopefully they had insurance and can bounce back quickly.

I was near Walgreens and thought that smoke was coming out of a mountain. It was pretty scary looking. It reminded me of 911 tragedies, buildings burning, people jumping from windows to escape burning. It sent chills down my spine! I've never seen that big of a fire, before.
Thank you all for the information and photos. I feel bad for the Donaldson's. Glad no one was hurt, according to Grascal. This is such a busy time for them. Getting all the fall stuff together and such. I hope they are ok and can get things back to normal. My thoughts and prayers are with the Donaldson's.

sparksjbc1964 sparksjbc1964
Sep '16

My thoughts and prayers are with Donaldsons and all the 1st responders!

htown
Sep '16

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/index.ssf/2016/09/hackettstown-area_fire_rips_th.html#incart_river_home

Does anyone know if they need a place for the animals to go temporarily?

Luckily Friday nights on the Farm ended last Friday (Labor Day weekend)...so possibly more folks would have been there and usually park cars in that lot in front/side of that building that burned. They are scheduled to have 1st responders picnic/motorcycle ride tomorrow in honor of Sept. 11th.

SS2cats SS2cats
Sep '16

Animals are all fine and on the property at the other end of the farm. Totally not affected! Thank God!

Thanks glad to hear the animals are ok - sorry for their loss of property

skippy skippy
Sep '16

I just want to say that I really value the quality of life that Donaldsons brings to our community. As I was detoured today, I saw the beautiful sunflowers and green fields as I drove down airport road. I wish them a quick recovery and will do my part to support this great farm. I hope thus loss is not a big one and that our community will support the recovery efforts. And thank you, as always, to the first responders.

Farm shuld't be in fire. It is the back bone of every human being. Sorry Donald's. I hope it will be fine And tomorrow I will buy my corn

Wolde
Sep '16

Produce Pete from New York NBC Channel 4 News just gave a shout out to his friends at Donaldson's Farms. He said they are up and running this morning and wishes them all well and he will see them soon. Thank you to the Donaldson family for all they are to our community ~ sending prayers your way for a quick recovery. So sorry about the fire. God bless you.

gwtwqueenie gwtwqueenie
Sep '16

To everyone at Donaldson's, know you are very loved and valued by the community.

I think I speak for many, when I say we are all so sorry for this terrible fire, and at the same time, relieved that no one was lost.

You can expect our support ~ and speaking for myself ~ even more than usual.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Nicely said MAN. I concur. Big event over there today for 9/11 remembrance. Was not planning on going due to other plans. We cancelled those plans and are headed to Donaldsons today.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Sep '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.