rierie rierie
Mar '11

sub shack

jd4020
Mar '11

Piggies

Steve-O Steve-O
Mar '11

yep i was just going to say piggies,nice people there.

jd4020
Mar '11

piggies is good, BJ's in budd lake is good too

Chickynoonoo Chickynoonoo
Mar '11

Nykuns in Great Meadows

Nosila Nosila
Mar '11

i second nykun's!!!

mt. lake
Mar '11

Vanilla Market:)!

Lisa
Mar '11

I second Sub Shack.

Hopeful in H-town Hopeful in H-town
Mar '11

I third Sub Shack.

Tigers Backer Tigers Backer
Mar '11

Three for Nykuns!

vicnity
Mar '11

Vote number three for Nykuns.

vicnity
Mar '11

Dont get a 6 foot sub, get two three foot subs. It is much easier to bring home and easier to put on your table. I would go to piggies or nykuns because they use quality meat. Stay away from places that use no name cold cuts and cheeses.

Mike D
Mar '11

Hands down Vanilla Markets Turkey, Bacon & Avacado!!! Their bacon is awesome.

Cindy PV
Mar '11

Out of town guests raved about Piggy's Italian sub. Great people and service too, also a plus!

4 for Nykuns!

anon
Mar '11

shoprite!

story story
Mar '11

Hackettstown Sandwich Shop or Piggy's Deli.

Isn't the sandwich shop gone? Or not yet?

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73
Mar '11

Lori: New owners, but still there.

Sub Shack also

THE MAN THE MAN
Mar '11

I have gotten mine at Hot Bagels and they always did a great job. I would 3ft of turkey and cheese and 3 ft of italian! Arthur and the his workers are wonderful!

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Mar '11

Alot of places charge an absurd amount for 6ft subs 2 years ago we went to quick check ordered a bunch of different subs cut them up into the slices like the 6ft subs and put them on platters no one knew the diffrence and it was a fraction of the cost have done this for other parties with subway as well off the $5 footlong menu good luck

shoebie shoebie
Mar '11

Wow.. shoebie. Thanks for the tip. In today's economy ...anyway we can save a dollar is a good thing..

joyful joyful
Mar '11

I understand the need to save money but I dont think you can honestly compare a 6 foot sub from a local deli to quick check.

The quality of cold cut is not the same. The local guys use Thumanns or Boars Heads meat compared to Hanzel & Gretel or something worse.

The amount of meat used by a local deli is far more than quick check would ever use. It would take 3 or more $5.00 foot long subs to equal the meat in one foot of sub from a local deli. So in the end I dont think you are saving any money, perhaps you may be paying even more than the local deli would charge you for a quality sub.

If you want to save money shop locally. Pick from Nykuns, Piggies, or The Sandwich Shoppe (if Chris is still there) which ever place is closer to your house. You will save money in gas. LOL

BBD no one said it would be the exact same just a cost saving measure if you do not like the suggestion ignore it but for me and my budget it works never got complaints either people always compliment how much food i have at parties and how good it is and because i do it on a budget again dosent have to work for everyone but it works for a lot of people

shoebie shoebie
Mar '11

shoebie That's just absurd. A 6 foot sub roll is 3 x's as wide as a Quik Check roll.. Oh they noticed alright! lol I hate to say it but probably thought you were a cheapo for serving medicore (at best) food at a "party".

Firefly Firefly
Mar '11

Shoprite actually does a nice job with the 6ft. subs - the one in Byram not sure about Mansfield - probably the same.

BABYBULL24 BABYBULL24
Mar '11

Ok firefly your damn attitude is not needed I understand you are a former deli employee but Sorry we all don't have money to pour out $100 or more on a sub when I can get it for under $30 AGAIN I posted it as a money saver for those who do not have a lot of money to spend but still want to have friends over. I worked at QC for 3 years and had no problem with their subs neither does half of new jersey since they do rather well so sorry its not up to your standards !

shoebie shoebie
Mar '11

FF - Be sure to invite me to the next ritzy ball at your place.....LOL

How can you possibly know what shobie's friends thought. She did what she could comfortably afford. There isn't anything wrong with that. Much better than the tens of thousands of people who live way above their means, charging their way through life and then never getting out of debt.

I found your comment very rude, sorry.

Regarding subs. Any of the places mentioned above are all good. I was at a party recently and they had gotten a 6 foot sub from Muheisen's in Washington. It was delicious. They had three different combinations. Two feet of turkey and cheese, two feet of chicken salad and two feet of roast beef and cheese. I believe it was $95. Not sure what other places charge.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '11

OP didn't ask for the cheapest but asked for the BEST! Quik Chek is not the best. I do pride my self on serving quality food when I have a party. I guess I am entitled to my opinion regardless. We all live in glass houses. Just keeping real. No offense intended.

Firefly Firefly
Mar '11

Calico - OMG that is the one thing I miss about living in Washington right around the corner from Muheisen! They always do a great job on food!

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Mar '11

and if some want to consider price into the best factor who are you to look down on them for all you know op could have meant best service best meat best price best pickles they just stated best and to some price becomes a factor in "best"

shoebie shoebie
Mar '11

How many people does a 6 foot sub serve??? Would that with salads and ziti be enough for 25?

acl76
Mar '11

acl76 - That should be plenty for 25. Ask that it be sliced ( which should be about a 2 inch slice)

Firefly Firefly
Mar '11

Sorry no way 25 - maybe 25 woman & children.

We get a 6 ft sub every fantasy football & baseball draft - 12 guys & its gone by the 6th round thats about 2 hours.

BABYBULL24 BABYBULL24
Mar '11

I usually go to piggys but believe it or not we got half italian/half american 6 foot sub from shoprite in mansfield this past summer and it was amazing. so fresh and definitely got rave reviews from both the snooty uptight italian long island relatives as well as the husbands college friends! I will use them from now on...and i remember it was pretty affordable. remind them to cut it though (i forgot). the italian side was phenomenal IMO!!!!

lovee lovee
Mar '11

If I wanted to save money, I'd buy cold cuts, sub rolls and make the sandwiches myself or let my guests fix what they wanted.

Tracy Tracy
Mar '11

Lovee

Why do you want the sub cut?

I always found the cut sub made more of a mess and the cut part of the bread dried out. Plus at the end of the party it was easier to wrap any left over sub up.

I prefer not to have them cut when i purchase them so because it lets me decide how big the pieces are and the bread stays fresh longer!

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Mar '11

shobie, you can eat at my house any time.

firefly, i hope you enjoy your gold plated sandwich, i won't be coming over.

funny, i find food tastes better when i am with people i really like.

after that everrything just kinda falls right into place.

if folks dont like the food i set out for them, they are welcome to either leave, or bring their own food with them.

btw, EVERYTHING tastes great with beer.

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Mar '11

Shoprite does make great subs! My personal fav (but out of the way and $$$) is Sandwiches unlimited in Ledgewood, YUM!

i want a sandwich now!

icicle icicle
Mar '11

Re: need suggestions for 6 foot subs

ShopRite does make great subs...and they even make them longer than 6 feet...they really have good subs...if you want a quick sub for lunch try the Sun Shack on main st...they are good for a lunch...i just had a tuna sub from there the other day...fine by me...i could go for a sub right now...as far as Subway...wrong...

oldman oldman
Mar '11

Thanks Brother Dog :)

shoebie shoebie
Mar '11

From the picture oldman posted I can totally see where you could cut up Quik Check subs and noone would know the difference.

BD - please don't even assume that you would ever be invited to my house.

Firefly Firefly
Mar '11

"Sorry no way 25 - maybe 25 woman & children.

We get a 6 ft sub every fantasy football & baseball draft - 12 guys & its gone by the 6th round thats about 2 hours."

-----------

6ft sub feeds 6 guys in my book.

emaxxman emaxxman
Mar '11

Subway - really - disgusting. I would rather not eat, then eat that prepackaged, preweighed awful food.

Steve-O Steve-O
Mar '11

firefly -

it's ok , because i'm not coming anyways. :)

enjoy your silver plated sub sandwich , i'm sure it's a good one.

i like a good meatball hogie, how big can you get those in?

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Mar '11

BD - are you asking about the length of the sandwich or the girth of the balls?

emaxxman emaxxman
Mar '11

correct!

how much bun does all that require?

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Mar '11

emaxxman - "6ft sub feeds 6 guys in my book." As far as I'm concerned, 6ft sub feeds me. ;-)

Ok eveerybody what was this post about? Yipes! you folks are rough today, did the snow do this to you all? I am in agreement with 2 3 footers it is much easier to display
and get in your car! Wherever you go you know there will be a critic in the bunch, but as said above make sure they use name brand meats & cheeses or it will be slimey before you start as cheap cold cuts are full of water. Also ask for onions , oil & vinegar on the side the reason is so it doesn't get soggy. Hope you have a nice party...

GMmom GMmom
Mar '11

Wow, GC!! You're like an Anaconda in the fact that you can eat something bigger than yourself!! ;)
(you know I'm teasing...don't start slamming me!! lol)

SueR - Tell me something I don't know... ;-)

Just to be a little honest here in my own humble opinion...the question was about a 6ft. sub..In the scheme of real life kinda benign? ALL of our opinions matter..and hopefully we can share without being rude...Gosh, this was literally about an opinion of a very long sandwich...Am wondering why there is so much anger here at times, and if we were to meet each other in real life would that anger explode....Do we have to hold our ground so strongly to protect our opinions when it comes to a sandwich? Because that is sad...Please do not dislike me because I like a sub with mayo, oil, and vinegar...Call me crazy but that combo is good for me...But this is my opinion and I share it bc maybe there are some other freak-a-loids like me out there who like the same thing..Hence, my opinion...It matters to me, and I share it at times just to share, and not to control or usurp the authority of another's opinion..And by the way Any 6ft. sub from Anywhere would tickle my fancy...But in true life Shop-rite was pretty awesome for us...

reedfamily reedfamily
Mar '11

"if we were to meet each other in real life would that anger explode"

reedfamily you should go to a forum happy hour, that anger does not explode when people meet in the real world. More than once I have sat down for drinks with people I argued with that same day.

shoebie shoebie
Mar '11

ShopRite definetly has the best 6 foot sub

Agreed Shoebie. One big dysfunctional family...It's wondferful.

Firefly Firefly
Mar '11

Off hand How much is the 6ft sub at Shop Rite?

Firefly Firefly
Mar '11

Now for me, I would get the cold cuts, have them sliced nice and thin the way I like them, get some great little rolls at the bakery in Netcong (or Italian Bread if you really want subs) and make my own. That's just me..very fussy about my cold cuts, almost obsessive. But if I had to buy one, would probably wind up at Shop Rite since they use Black Bear.

Bessie Bessie
Mar '11

Hear you Shoebie, and totally receive what you wrote...sending a safe hug and a gentle thanx to you....

reedfamily reedfamily
Mar '11

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.