HHS Tiger Football

Okay - HHS Varsity Football's first game is Friday, September 9 at 7:00 pm at home. How do you think they will do this season? Any players that stand out?

Cookie
Aug '11

As long as they are better than that 1999 team...

cdavidrusso cdavidrusso
Aug '11

they will kick ass or get their ass kicked who knows

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Aug '11

I know the team has been working hard and seem to have a great attitude. I wish them well!

Their 1st game is away at Jefferson Twp. on the 2nd, with the 1st home game being on the 9th.

Magpie Magpie
Aug '11

The marching band has been working very hard this week and the show is going to be great - Polar Express!!!

Kate S. Kate S.
Aug '11

Re: HHS Tiger Football

9/2 is a Scrimmage at Jefferson HS.

9/9 is the season opener at Home (Morrison Field) vs. Chatham at 7:00 PM.

Full Schedule - http://www.highschoolsports.net/Team/Hackettstown-High-School-Hackettstown-NJ/Football/Varsity/Boys/

GO TIGERS!!

SportShotsLive LLC SportShotsLive LLC
Aug '11

@Kate S. ~ Looking forward to the HHS Marching Band performance - Best of luck!

SportShotsLive LLC SportShotsLive LLC
Aug '11

Thanks for clearing up the scrimmage from a game. I had read the info that came in the money mailer packet where WRNJ advertised the games. It didn't say scrimmage so I wasn't aware of that.

Magpie Magpie
Aug '11

The lost the scrimmage against Jefferson JS - 28 to 0

Cookie
Sep '11

Tonights game against Chatham at the 1/2 was 14-7 in favor of HHS. In the end they lost 14-28 though. A good game for the most part and well attended. It was great to see the student body of fellow athletes in the stands cheering them on, at times much louder than the cheerleaders. They definately had school spirit. Looking forward to the next game.

Magpie Magpie
Sep '11

There is no doubt the student athletes on the HHS football team work hard and bring a competitive level of talent to the team. I wish the boys all the best and hopefully they will have a successful season!

PSU in Jersey PSU in Jersey
Sep '11

The HHS freshman football team won their game against Chatham today! I believe the score was 25-0...Great job Freshman Tigers! What a way to start the season!

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Sep '11

Unfortunately the varsity team lost today 21-60 to Madison.

Magpie Magpie
Sep '11

Wow... that's brutal.

Metsman Metsman
Sep '11

21 to 60 are you kidding

Sep '11

But the Band was GREAT!!!! Even Andy Ligou (sp) commented....

mamadone
Sep '11

What's the band show this year?

I like going to HHS football, best $5 show in the world and when they win --- it's joy, joy, joy... Good food, good people, good play --- good times!

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Sep '11

Band show is Polar Express...the show was arranged and designed by our own HS and MS directors!

mamadone
Sep '11

Madison's defense scored twice against Hackettstown - http://madison.patch.com/articles/madison-football-continues-winning-ways#photo-7807369

BLD2
Sep '11

who are they playing this week

Sep '11

Friday, Sept. 23 7 P.M. at home against Lenape Valley HS

BLD2
Sep '11

Here is some footage from the Chatham game that is not very positive for the Tigers. At least they made it to a well known (at least in the sports world) website:

http://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/super-page/crazy-new-jersey-high-school-football-play/

CR37,

Is that the band show?

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Sep '11

That play even made Yahoo Sports. Yikes

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/An-early-New-Jersey-contender-for-football-play-?urn=highschool-wp5932

pvmom pvmom
Sep '11

It was also shown on ESPN. On the show "Numbers Never Lie"

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Sep '11

How did they fare in the game Fri nite against Lenape??

acl76
Sep '11

They lost 31-9. Bummer.

With the exception of one year (the 6-4 2008 team); HHS football has had a very difficult 5 years. High School coaches (more than any other level) need to adjust the game strategy to fit the talent they have.
I continue to route for the guys and hope for the best.
GO Tigers!

PSU in Jersey PSU in Jersey
Sep '11

Indeed. If there is a team that has struggled even more than the Tigers it is Parsippany...the opponent tonight. A good chance for the boys to break into the win column.

@mistergoogle - sorry I missed your question last week. That link is all over the place. I can't get away from it.

Having suffered through a very rough senior football season when I played, I have a soft spot in my heart for these guys. I hope they can break through against Parsippany.

Then why does the Hackettstown high school teamnot do well if rec footaball is so strict.... Obviously they focus on only a few players and not on everyone!!! Terrible sportsmanship!

H mom
Sep '11

Tonights game is at 7 PM, home, against Newton. At 6:45 there will be a dedication done and then at half time there will be alumni celebrated. I don't know what years will be there but I do know that some played under Chot Morrison. See you there!

Magpie Magpie
Oct '11

ANY SCORE?

justsayingdude justsayingdude
Oct '11

Tigers won 35-0.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.