General Contractor suggestions

Hello, I am in need of a good general contractor. I searched past posts, but they are either old or looking for a specific contractor - I need to transform a garage into living space and build a new garage.
I have called a few and you would think they all have work coming out of their ears how they blow me off or do not contact me back. I thought this was a recession and people were looking for work...
Anyway, does anyone have any good suggestions?
I appreciate the feedback, thank you.

I used FMS construction about a year ago and they were great! The owners name is Fred Stone and he was very reliable and upfront with everything. Their contact number is (908) 797 0130

Good Luck!

Contact Mike Swain, local from Long Valley and can provide excellent references/reviews 908-343-9818

Nelle Nelle
Mar '14

Whoever you hire, make sure they don't employ Illegal Aliens. Ask for documentation.

Toldya Toldya
Mar '14

Call Eric Lynch @ Jersey Craftsman LLC - 973-900-2293

Tara Barreiro Tara Barreiro
Mar '14

Do not use Happy House from Oxford.I have not heard any thing good about them.

fed up
Mar '14

I am using Tom Mastersen for my master bathroom. Takes pride in his work. Very happy with everything he has done. 908-799-3260.

lauraw lauraw
Mar '14

Hello, I also use Tom Mastersen! He has done it all for me since about 2000. His workmanship, pride, and quality cannot be topped. From kitchens and bathrooms to the more basic things, he really is outstanding. Definitely give him a call.
The numbers I have for him are 908-799-3260 and his cell is 973-634-8555

SunnyDays SunnyDays
Mar '14

Jim Pels, JP Hammer for Hire. 908-303-3021. Fast, reliable and reasonable.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '14

Fran Scarano is a great general contractor. He does excellent work. His number is 908-850-9077.

Heidi Snedeker
Mar '14

I'd recommend Tim Hennessey of Hennessey Home Improvements in LV - because he is excellent - a real craftsman - he reno'd a kitchen and a bathroom for me - beautiful work - but of course he's very busy -

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '14

Great recommendations, I will be giving these guys a call. Thank you all very much!

Do NOT use Fred Stone of FMS Contractor in NJ!

Very bad experience, unprofessional. Gave quote which we accepted verbally and via text, tried to get him to commit to date to do work, and to send contract.... Never got one, two months later he text me he could send contract late that night,,, also that he DOUBLED the estimate from 7k to 15k plus!

Fred Stone is BAD! Do NOT use Fred stone!

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.