how to fix: cell phone screen that cracked

I have an android TCL phone that cracked horizontally across the screen. Phone still works fine. Anyone know where I can get the screen replaced? Are there other options? Thanks.

Same thing happened to mine.

I know this doesn't answer your question, but I left mine as is. It's been over 2 years and it still works fine, I just had to get used to seeing the crack all the time. But in my case the phone is over 5 years old and didn't cost me much, so I'm going to ride it out as far as I can.

onlyonetruth onlyonetruth
Mar '22

Go to the Rockaway mall. There are kiosks there with people who fix phone screens

"Are there other options?"

A few years ago I cracked the screen on my phone. I got some wide clear packaging tape and very carefully applied it over the whole screen, just like a screen protector. I was able to use it for 6 or 8 months before the crack spread enough that I finally felt the need to replace the screen.

Monty Monty
Mar '22

This place is in Chester.

https://ubreakifix.com/?_gl=1%2ad20fuj%2a_gcl_aw%2aR0NMLjE2NDgyMTQyMDYuQ2owS0NRancwUFdSQmhES0FSSXNBUEtIRkdoZWlkRnVZbWhOWlhtQ3RGTVdaaU5aLW9sU29OdmpLZzJvRVo2V1k0Zm9scmFyMWUyZ3RIY2FBdUxaRUFMd193Y0I.%2a_gcl_dc%2aR0NMLjE2NDgyMTQyMDYuQ2owS0NRancwUFdSQmhES0FSSXNBUEtIRkdoZWlkRnVZbWhOWlhtQ3RGTVdaaU5aLW9sU29OdmpLZzJvRVo2V1k0Zm9scmFyMWUyZ3RIY2FBdUxaRUFMd193Y0I.&_ga=2.245977412.1797361834.1648214206-507928781.1648214206&_gac=1.114875765.1648214207.Cj0KCQjw0PWRBhDKARIsAPKHFGheidFuYmhNZXmCtFMWZiNZ-olSoNvjKg2oEZ6WY4folrar1e2gtHcaAuLZEALw_wcB

I'd go to a TCL shop for an estimate on 2 things:

1) Free (or cheap) upgrade/switch to a similar or better phone or/verses

2) See how much they offer to fix its screen instead (while at least compare how much it'll cost from other/outside/3rd party phone repair shops).

Here's TCL places in NJ to go to or simply give them a call to ask:
https://www.service-center-locator.com/tcl/tcl-service-center.htm

GL

I was just at the ubreakifix store in Chester today. Didn't know about the place until today. I'd go there. It's located 2 doors down from the Verizon store.

Magpie Magpie
Mar '22

Cracked the screen on my phone and need it replaced. Had it done once years ago by a place next to Starbucks/behind the old Arbys. Is there any place around that does that kind of thing anymore

MakoMiller1984 MakoMiller1984
July 24th

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: how to fix: cell phone screen that cracked
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.