Cat Spotted in Backyard

Cat Spotted in Backyard

Found brown and white tabby with white paws and chest in Hackettstown, on Cook St. off Willow Grove. They were spooked by our dog but seemed uninjured, and ate when offered food. Very friendly and came up to us to be pet once, but seemed agitated so we didn't want to scare them further. Will alert animal control in the morning.

MidnightOil MidnightOil
Sep '23

It's so sad that there seems to be more and more stray cats in the area. I suppose they are doing what comes naturally and multiplying. I have trapped a few that have been hanging around my yard and taken them to a vet to be checked out & neutered. One even became my house cat and spent 10 wonderful years with me. But it gets expensive, and I don't have a lot of "spare" funds. I do what I can.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Sep '23

It just seems like in the past couple of years since Covid hit and money got tighter, there are more and more (Strays) around. Just as if people cannot care for them and are letting them go. Hackettstown needs a TNR program. I know of 4 cats, one is ear tipped and a Mother with two male kittens. It's only going to get worse.

Mr 4Paws Mr 4Paws
Sep '23

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Cat Spotted in Backyard
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.